136. Bob Dylan : 'Things Have Changed'


In 2000, Bob Dylan released 'Things Have Changed' for the Wonder Boys official soundtrack - watch the official music video of 'Things Have Changed,' which was directed by Academy Award winner Curtis Hanson and won the Academy Award for Best Song from a Motion Picture in 2001.


Lyrics:


Things have changed

Bob Dylan


A worried man with a worried mind
No one in front of me and nothing behind
There's a woman on my lap and she's drinking champagne
Got white skin, got assassin's eyes
I'm looking up into the sapphire tinted skies
I'm well dressed, waiting on the last train
Standing on the gallows with my head in a noose
Any minute now I'm expecting all hell to break loose
People are crazy and times are strange
I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range
I used to care, but things have changed
This place ain't doing me any good
I'm in the wrong town, I should be in Hollywood
Just for a second there I thought I saw something move
Gonna take dancing lessons do the jitterbug rag
Ain't no shortcuts, gonna dress in drag
Only a fool in here would think he's got anything to prove
Lotta…


Bob Dylan is a rare artist that has managed to transcend genre to become a universally praised songwriter, performer and musician of the 20th- and 21st-centuries. Starting out as a chronicler of social issues in the 1960s, Dylan has had true staying power with thirty-two studio albums released in 53 years รข€“ the most recent of which is 2015's critically acclaimed Shadows in the Night.